You Auto Know - Tire Tips
Worn tires can be dangerous, causing unnecessary damage to your vehicle's alignment and wear on your engine.
Here are a few tips that can keep you safe and save you money.
- Check your tire's tread life.
- Our technicians always check your tires when you come in for routine maintenance at no additional cost. We will let you know how much tread life is left on your tires.
- Use the Penny Test to check your tires yourself. (What is the penny test? See below for instructions)
Why is checking my tires so important?
- Check tire pressure at least once a month.
- If you TPMS light comes on, come by the shop and we will be happy to check the pressure for you.
- Use a tire pressure gauge to check the pressure yourself.
- Rotate your tires.
- Tires can wear at different rates, rotating your tires makes certain your tires wear evenly. When we check your tire treads we may recommend a rotation of your best tires to the front.
It helps get the most miles out of your tires. Under-inflated tires or poorly aligned wheels makes your engine work harder, using more fuel and costing you more at the pump.
Place a penny in the tread of your tire with Lincoln's head facing down, if you can see the top of Lincoln's head you will need new tires. Watch Jeff walk you through how to do a Penny Test.
repair, tips, tires, you auto know,